Call for Proposals for the conference Politics of Machines – Art and After is now open
We welcome submissions that take a fresh approach to the politics of the machine, and exemplify, analyse and/or contextualise alternative and experimental ontologies and epistemologies of art beyond dualisms.
Deadline for abstracts – extended: December 22, 2017
Deadline for submission of papers: March 10, 2018
After a double-blind review process, the papers will be presented at the conference May 15-17, 2018.
Submit a proposal of a maximum 500 words.
Submit abstract to EasyChair here
Based on an earlier call for sub-themes and co-chairs, we are calling for proposals within nine streams or framings:
- Emotional Machines – Link
- Cyborgs/Hybrids – Link
- Religion, Technology, and Art – Link
- Algorithms and Intelligence in Art After Aesthetics – Link
- Machines of Atmospheres – Link
- Wet Machines – Link
- Robots in art – Link
- Returns of the machine – Link
- Institutional Presentations – Link
All papers will be published online on the British Computer Society platform. More information will follow.